“Decoding the unfamiliar is a most pleasurable and fascinating experience .”
The Erasmus programme created in 1987 has reached a new stage in its evolution, and now goes by the name Erasmus+.
To proceed consistently with its actions, the EISTI has obtained the new Erasmus+ Charter for a period stretching from 2014 to 2020, and gets actively involved in the programme to fulfil the objectives that it has committed to.
The Erasmus + programme for Higher Education contributes to creating a European space for Higher Education in which the EISTI takes part by pursuing several objectives including:
- Improving the quality and reinforcing the European dimension of Higher Education
- Increasing student, teacher and university staff mobility
- Strengthening multilateral cooperation
- Promoting transparency and compatibility between qualifications
- Internationalising higher educational European institutions.
The Erasmus+ programme encourages mobility-related actions in Europe and abroad for students (for internships or educational exchanges), teaching staff, and higher education establishments’ staff in their entirety.