Financial Engineering option
3rd year - Engineering School
Context and objectives
The sophistication of financial markets has to do with the rapid development of financial theory. Its application needs to bring together skills in finance, mathematics and computing.
This option trains engineers in finance, banking and insurance.
The students deepen and gain more specific knowledge in mathematic modelling and the deployement of IT.
A Bloomberg mini trading room is provided in order to prepare the students to be immediately operational in the financial institutions.
Partnerships allow students of the Engineering Finance Option tograduate in the same year inothers prestigious Masters 2:
- Paris-Dauphine University:
- Master in Acturies
- Master MASEF : Mathematics applied to Finance, Economics and Insurance Master
- Master ISF: Statistical and Finance Ingineering Master
- Master 104 of Finance
- Cergy-Pontoise University:
- Applied Mathematics Master
- ESSEC - business School:
- 2nd year of Master of Science in Management with a Bachelor/M1
- Universities abroad
- Canada : University of Montréal - University of Laval (Québec)
- USA : Illinois Institute of Technology (Chicago)
Quatitative Analyst • Quantitative portfolio Manager • Trader • Actuary • Financial Engineer : derivatives
- Applied Finance and IT Tools :
- FinTechs, InsurTechs and RegTechs
- Introduction to Solvency II
- Bloomberg Trading Room
- Python programming
- Theoretical Finance :
- Theory of contingent claims
- Interest Rate, Exchange and Inflation market (Fixed income market)
- Portfolio management
- Mathematics :
- Stochastic processes (stochastic Calculus)
- Model calibration and Simulation
- 22 weeks of internship in a company
- Final study project
The Financial Engineering option is open to the professionalization contract.
Head of option