Visual Computing Option
3rd year - Engineering School
Context and objectives
The digital and virtual environments is developing fast, whether in the mechatronic, commercial, entertainment or healthcare sectors.
The rapid evolution of hardware and software solutions allows for constant exploration and implementation of new possibilities for visualization and interaction: gesture recognition, speech recognition, data gloves, head-mounted displays, touch tables, and more.
The students of this option acquire the technical knowledge in computer science and mathematics necessary for the modelling and creation of 3D environments.
They master the key algorithms for computer vision and the key concepts of ergonomics to create intuitive and efficient human-computer interfaces. They are particularly open to innovation.
Two partnerships allow Visual Computing students to graduate in the same year in one of the two following Research Master's degrees:
- "Intelligent and Communicating Systems" Master at the Cergy-Pontoise University and the ENSEA
- "Interaction" Master at Paris-Sud University.
These programs lead to a double degree and can lead to an engineer PhD or R&D.
The key sectors of the Visual Computing option are: computer graphics, industrial design, medical imaging, geographic information systems, computer vision, virtual and augmented reality, web apps, mobile apps, film and video game production.
- Image processing, analysis and machine vision.
- Image processing
- Image analysis
- Machine vision
- Pattern recognition
- Human-computer interfaces.
- Human-computer interaction
- Ergonomics and UX
- Android programming
- Virtual and augmented reality
- Interactive 3D environments for scientific simulation or video games.
- Comuter graphics
- GPU programming
- Graphics engines
- Physics engines
- 22 weeks of internship within a company
- Final studyproject: the I3 students carry out an ambitious R&D project in close collaboration with a company. This project is led with the same standards as a professional project: specification, design, implementation, testing, and documentation.
Head of option